Sunday, August 3, 2008

The beginning of a new mission


So, I had an emotional week. It's Sunday, and I'm already beginning to calm down. The thought of leaving loved ones pierced me for a second, or two. Yesterday Dan and I checked out of our apartment; Dan taking everything with him to Boise, and me, dragging one big suitcase to the MTC. My last day at work! I got into a classroom to await missionaries, and I just started crying. Super embarrassing. I didn't mean to cry; my cries come when they want to. But it was a good day at work. What a unique job--I'll never have one quite like that. I've learned a lot of things about myself from that job. I am forever grateful for my many experiences. Great memories!

I fly to CA on Tuesday, and in the mean time, I'm just visiting with friends. I been with old roommates and school friends. Good times. Good memories. I'm about to start a new life in Seattle! It is really exciting, and I really see God's hand in it all. He really does love us all and sees what is best for us. We just need to trust Him with big decisions that we make. Trust!