Recently, I have nailed down a position working with Boeing as an engineer! Finding work has been a great trying time requiring faith and patience. While Genny worked at her internship, I had trouble getting a single interview with the companies I applied to work for. We knew this was where Heavenly Father wanted us to be and He has provided in His time. It has been a testimony about paying a full tithe and I couldn't think of a better time to start than the first of the year as this has given me plenty of time to adequately prepare to take the LSAT (Law school still on the horizons). The only formal interview I had was for this position and we definitely were worried given the financial status of many companies. At the UW career fair, many of the companies indicated that they were not hiring until summer because of the financial crisis! I am very excited to begin working.
Meanwhile, given my additional time at home, I have become interested in keeping up with current affairs, as well as concentrating on becoming more "Green". Here are some of the things we've done:
- Our house doesn't have a food disposal. We collect ALL food waste and put it in the compost bin in our yard.
- Seattle recycles practically everything we used to throw out as waste. As part of the waste management service, they provide a HUGE ~100 gallon recycle can at no extra charge where we throw all of our paper, cardboard, plastic bags, all plastics, glass, newspaper, cans, etc. Even our dental floss containers are recyclable. No need to sort, just throw it in the bin.
- Whatever remains gets put in a small 10 gallon trash bin, which takes us usually around a month to fill. (Dental floss, the trash in the bathroom, and items not clean of food waste)
2 comments:
Genny there is a midnight showing of Twilight on Thursday night! Can you call in sick to the hospital?! Let's go!!!
Yay! WooHoo!!! That is so exciting about the job. LU tons.
Post a Comment