On to the exciting part! When we get back to the car, we unload our things and I thought the trunk would be a perfect place to put my fanny pack. We close the trunk and load the bikes on the car. Then, I look for my keys to open the car... hmmm... uh oh! Locked in the trunk! Genny as usual had left her keys in the car with her wallet because I had my set on me. I thought of all the things I could do to avoid asking for help... If I ride my bike 15 miles home, there should be a spare in the.... NO! Genny has the spare cuz she lost her key, and how would we get into the house anyway? The doors/windows are locked and the alarm is set.
I felt utterly hopeless. Genny sat by the car and I took off for a surf shop. After an hour of confusion, the unlock man found the car and was able to unlock it in under 5 minutes. I actually wasn't there for the unlocking as I was at a bikeshop calling a different company which uses (it turns out) the same people to do the actual work. So luckily they had contacted the same technitian for both companies.
So from Genny's perspective, the guy shows up and stops by the car. She looks at him and signs to him the motion of turning a key, and the guy nods. He's from Israel and gets out and asks for ID. "It's in the car! With everything else!" Genny responded. He went ahead and unlocked the car quickly. Genny thanked him and asked how much it was. She heard, "49 dollars." When she repeated the price, he clarified,"No, I said 149 dollars." Genny (I love how honest she is) said, "WHAT? One hundred and forty nine dollars!?!?! Why is it so expensive!?!"
"Well..." He responded. "It is because of the type of car." She joking hit him and that was that.
Hmmmm... a 97 ford taurus.... special? Well, anyway... I was just happy to get my keys back. Genny told me I owe the family 150 dollars worth of sacrifices. She's right. Hopefully, I've learned my lesson. :)
The End!
Look at the pretty flowers outside our house:
2 comments:
Aiah! ya! Why geeks are so goofy! Do not feel so bad! Hee, Hee, sometimes monkeys fall down from the tree too!:) I had this experience not once but several times!(and most likely happen when I go to market or to the trip. Since then I "always" check the key before close the trunk. Here is lesson #1 Just you have learned:) pain+time=humorous. Take care! xo.xo
I hate locking my keys in the car! I can't believe it was $149 though! Yikes! Tulips here we come!
Post a Comment