This is pretty incredible folks. My husband, Daniel, built this bed. It would have been flawless had he listened to me, but, you know, lesson learned. hehehe--too long of a story. But look! This is a queen bed raised 3 ft off the floor! We are going to be able to put tons of stuff under there! Hurray! We'll take another picture once we're all moved in. Very sturdy. It's been cut...it's been sanded...it's been drilled... and vuala! We present: our bed :) :) :)
9 comments:
Looks GREAT! Now for the finishing touches. Buy 4, 3 foot garden statues, like Lions, dragons, gargoyles, or my personal fav, Buddhas. Cut a 4x4 corner out of the back and mount them on the legs of the bed. Ooh, and a curtain rod with 3 foot drapes to serve as the bed skirt. These were all ideas I had for our tall bed that didn't make it into reality :).
Wives carry veto power ;)
...he really did want lion posts! We already had the bed box, the one Quin made for our wedding present, and we wanted to add a head board or something. I don't like lion posts, it never happened ;) But one day we will get to upholstering the bedbox for a guest room (to look like the beds with microfiber around the headboard, footboard, and bed rails). I would advise covering up the edges--I have scars from running into the bedbox edges in the dark!
Wow! Daniel, What a skill!
Hope you have a high ceiling..
Well,now you have a excuse to hold on tight each other not to fall!
awesome! Good job on the bed Dan!
GOOD JOB!!!! Now the true test will be... well =)
Jason and Mindy, you guys are funny. Jason, you are super creative--let your dreams become a reality! In order for it to slide through Mindy, you must bargain! Give up something or give in!!! Those garden statues are calling your name :)
I'm wondering if it was tall enough that a toddler can't sneak into bed with you in the middle of the night...I'm sensing some secret motives.
Hey just came accross your blog (again?)... You crack me up with your honest and funny posts! Keep them coming!
We also have a blog, but it's private. So if you want, send me your email to yvz17@yahoo.com and I'll add you to the list of our readers.
PS> Elena is a doll!
с уважeнием ;),
Юлия Жеравина Weston
Post a Comment