Sunday, February 7, 2010

We are moving! Elena 4 months

So, before we moved to Seattle, we signed a 1 year lease to live in this current house. Our lease expired last August, and since then, we have been paying month to month. Elena was born and I was overwhelmed with that for a little while. Then we thought about buying a house...but realized that it isn't the right time. Three weeks ago I thought to myself "What are we doing??? We are no longer bound to this contract!!! And it's pricey!!!" As much as we have enjoyed this adorable house, we really don't need it and would rather save our money.

Soooooo.... WE ARE DOWNSIZING! At the end of the month, we are moving into a one bedroom apartment in the same ward. We are really excited as we will be spending $500 less a month!!! WOWOWOWOWOW! Dan is going to try to build a bed loft that will raise our bed 3-4 feet, and we are going to put a ton of storage under there. We are excited! I love the area as it is really close to the lake and a river trail. Fun running time!

So we are getting rid of things like crazy! It's actually really refreshing. Dan is learning to take pictures of some things that he never uses, but will slightly be missed :). SOOOO please don't send us any gifts at this time. We know you love Elena and want her to have so many fun toys, but really, now is not the time.

So, here is the last "thank you mom" for Elena's new accessories.
Here is a pic :

And here is Elena's four months shot! She is now rolling over to her side,
lifting her body off the floor for longer periods of time, smiling like crazy, and giggling
now and then.

She also is starting to grab items, including her toes. So cute.

8 comments:

Christy said...

Good luck with the move! I love being able to save money! Good for you guys. Elena is just adorable. Love those bows!

Julia Salomatina (Putilina) said...

Молодцы! Вот это называется "Жить по средствам", как говорят Пророки! Ой, Элене уже 4 месяца, так быстро! Красивая девушка ;)

Jessica said...

Ha ha...I first learned about taking pictures of stuff that you really should get rid of from your blog awhile ago, and it has helped me get rid of stuff. In fact, that is what we spent this last weekend doing. I'm so glad you shared this cool tip. =)

Good luck with the move!

Candy Eash said...

Good for you! Good luck!

The McClellan Family said...

So when do you want us, to help you move? LOVE her bows, headbands and flowers! Thanks heavens you have a mom with such good taste!!!!

Debbie said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHE IS SO CUTE!!! I miss her..... boo hoo hoo.... maybe well be able to make it out there.. maybe........... I MISS U GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt told me today he missed u guys too and wished u guys were our neighbors still bc he had a lot of fun at byu with you guys.. think about it!

kim said...

Woo.. baby,baby,baby.....Isn't she adorable! cutie!
Yeah! what a gorgeous bald head with beautiful flower!
Be creative! and have fun with baby..
I would like to see more often with flower baby!
Way to go! Elena!
xo.xo.xo.

Carly said...

Okay, so that answered my question...you're staying in the ward. Good for you guys! Elena is getting cuter and cuter and cuter. I'm excited to see ya tomorrow!