Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Elena's baby blessing!

On March 28, 2010, Elena received her baby blessing. We waited so that my dad could be there...but then my grandma broke her hip recently. So in came my mom and Dan's relatives. It was a beautiful blessing. We are excited to see her life unfold as she gets older. In the mean time, we'll enjoy our cute baby :)

Again, the wonderful bow. She is cute though! Elena and Grandma Phillips.
My wonderful friend Jorelle lent me this adorable outfit for Elena:
 
After church I was to be set apart as a Sunday school teacher for the 14-15 year olds! I am really excited about that. AND the old testament is really interesting to me. Those stories--drama! Anyway, we couldn't find my mom! She was found on the other side of the church in the foyer. She was taking pictures of Elena on the ground. She said, "Elena looks like an angel!"


By the way, here is my mom: Kim! Mom, we didn't transfer the cute pictures of you and Elena together! They are on your camera still. :( So here is a pic from a different event. Anyway, my mom is so wonderful. This weekend we cooked Korean food and now I know how to make Calbi and bulgogi! Hurrah! Also, Elena was sick and my mom bathed her twice a day. She loves giving babies a bath. So much so, that she called me neglectful for only doing so twice a week. "Laaaazy" she called me. "What is wrong with you?" she asked.


Here is a picture of Dan's family that came. Dan's parents, Quin and Sue; and Dan's Aunt Ann and Uncle Mark from Portland. They drove up together and I hope that they enjoyed spending time as siblings. Quin and Mark were excited to take part in the baby blessing.


Lisa thought this picture was adorable so here's a bonus picture :)
But I think this one is cuter. Look at her sucking her thumb!
I try to pull her hand out, but really, it's really cute. I'm going to doom her teeth.

And last but not least daddy and daughter. Dan is so excited because Elena makes "Da Da" sounds. Look at how much he loves her!!!! Proud papa.

Listen to her speak!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

We miss little Elena :(
How in the world do you get away with bathing twice a week?? She must not be a spitter-upper like mine were. My babies smelled horrible if I didn't bathe them 1-2x a day! Ethan still does ;) haha Luckily K is old enough now to do it all herself, & only needs it every other day.

Genny said...

I'm pretty sure I should have bathed her more... I'm ghetto :)

kim said...

Don't you see an Angel in that picture?
I do! Yeah, Thousands kisses!

I never seen a child so active and alert.. I think you need give an extra attention to Elena, so curious and eager to learn. What a delightful child!

I falling love with "daddy and baby
talk"
surely,. indeed,. it was Special Elena Baby Blessing Day!

Debbie said...

hahahahahahaha! I <3 her! She is so cute! she is saying dada.. aww! We will get to see you soon though.. and MOMMY!!! you must teach me to cook korean food!... she does look like an angel mom!

Carly said...

She's getting cuter and cuter and cuter!!!

Julia Salomatina (Putilina) said...

Очень красивая маленькая девушка! Правда, как ангел.
Да, это Америка, где детей фотографируют на полу! :-Р
Поздравляю Дженни с новым призванием!! Ветхий Завет в 14-15 лет - это нелегко :-)
Урра!!

SupaFlowaPowa said...

she is sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness... she is soooooooooooo adorable.. beyond belief!