Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Being Thankful" after not getting along

So after spending a few hours looking at Nienie's life yesterday, I neglected certain things.  Like cleaning, making dinner, and dropping the old dishes off at the D.I. before picking Dan up from work.  So Dan wasn't THE MOST pleased.  I showed him the youtube clip "My new life" and he really liked it.  But he didn't like how I continued to scroll through entries while everything else seemed to be ignored.  I got mad at him, of course, and said, "I'm leaving."  I went to the DI and dropped off the old dishes.  I came home and threw out the recycle.  I straightened up the house.  Then Dan was getting ready for bed.  Before he fell asleep, this was the following conversation.

me: You have to be thankful for something that I did TODAY.

Dan: I'm thankful that you picked me up from work today (My eyes rolled)

me: I'm thankful that you went to work, ALL DAY LONG (revenge)

Dan: I'm thankful that you cleaned the house and fed Elena

me: You can't count me feeding Elena, that's a necessity

Dan: No it isn't

me: I'm thankful that although I thought you were a jerk today, I still thought you were handsome.  I usually don't think that way when I think you are a jerk.

Dan: I'm thankful that you are pretty.

me: Aren't you thankful that I had a very uplifting time today reading NieNie's Dialogues?  It's like reading a good novel you know.  

Dan: I'm thankful that you were uplifted today.

And we were able to have a good night's sleep.  The End.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! U guys are funny... did you have family time? =)