Sunday, May 16, 2010

I may not have listened to DARWIN (look at Elena's leg), but I'll still keep Dan.

Darwin essentially said that the key to survive and reproduce more successfully is to pick a mate with reproductive advantages.  Now I'm not going to say that Dan doesn't have physical strengths.  He will be the reason if we have tall and effortlessly lean children.  He is definitely very smart.  He is pretty athletic.  He can have really poofy hair (a fun trait).  He is good looking.  (cute picture of him as a teen->->->)

But, when he's sick, he is sick as a dog.  Dan gets the man cold.  If you don't remember what the man cold is, click HERE and HERE.

I have some great traits as well.  Pretty, I think.  I'm smart enough to survive.  Athletic as well.  If our kids are a little rolly polly, it's because of me, and that's just fine--I'll last longer in a famine.  Curves are cool, women!!!!  I pride myself in the fact that I have an amazing immune system.  I heal quick.  So I'm going to blame Dan as the carrier of the following trait.


Yesterday, my Visiting Teaching Companion and I visited Leah.  Leah is a new convert.  Her husband is getting baptized soon!  Their kids love going to church.  This is wonderful.  They live in a house full of cats and dogs.  Fur everywhere.  Everywhere!  EVERYWHERE!!!  Leah wanted to hold Elena.  Leah put Elena on the carpet.  This is what happened to one of Elena's thighs:




Now, hopefully, Elena was just overexposed???  But if she is allergic to pet dander (dogs maybe?) I'm going to blame Dan.  Yes, Dan had a pet cat.  No, I don't believe he himself has allergies.  I don't either!!!  But I'm still going to blame him.  Oh Darwin....

I still love Dan.  Dan has other great traits.  He is loving, patient (that's obvious, right?) and a great father.  So we'll keep Dan.  This is Dan feeding Elena some mashed potatoes.

Chao.

3 comments:

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Poor baby girl! Sophie was allergic too at that age. She grew out of it. No more hives.

Debbie said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Dan is the weaker link.. typical males... LOL JK!

Vanessa said...

That old picture of Dan is so cute! I love his signature fluffy hair.

I've been loving and reading all your new posts. Now I can't keep up with you!