Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I pushed a button, and might not live much longer

Who can get mad at this face? (Actually I'm sure many can.  sooorry)
(Picture at BYU - March 2008)
Today I might not live much longer.  I lent out Dan's baby without his permission.  No, not Elena.  His road bike.  It's his baby because he takes such nurturing care of it.  The borrower is extremely responsible I tell you!  But still, a part of me knew that this wouldn't end well.

So.... though the bike may survive, I may not.  Though the bike may enjoy the fresh air, I may never again.  Let us all take a moment to mourn.



I broke the news via email.  When I read his response, I imagined his face looking like this:

It's my fault--we all know what buttons not to push-- and I almost knew it when I PUSHED THE BUTTON.  A small button--I say small because Dan really isn't a materialistic kind of guy.  He's just got a "baby" or two.  (Have you ever heard Elder and Sister Holland's dual talk at a BYU devotional in 1985? It's about marriage, and there's a part about "buttons".  If you haven't, watch it here.  It's AWESOME.)

So folks, goodbye.  (I don't think he's thaaaat mad, but we'll see.)
Much love.  Genny.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope you survive!! Do you need me to come and defend you?:)

Christy said...

hahaha! How funny! My husband and I are always talking about pushing each others "buttons". You definitely learn those as the years go on in a marriage. hehe.

kim said...

Genny, That is not cool~
One side decision is selfishness and there is no but.

Thumb of rules between husband wife:

1.Mutual respect is must.
2.Respect comes with good communication.
3.Good communication comes with consideration.
4.And consideration comes with thoughtfulness..

Isn't that what we called intelligent(?)

Genny said...

Ha, Amanda, thanks for the offer. Mom, did you make that up? So wise, so wise. I know I shouldn't have done it, I know, I know.

kim said...

Genny, Do you know what is different between young and old?

Yeah, We have "white hair" that earned by aging.. also comes with wisdom...

So did I made that up?
Of course, we call that life experience