Last weekend was youth conference. Many of the youth from ages 14-18 participated in a major service project through Catholic Community Services. They painted, they cleaned, they weeded... they worked hard! On Friday, Dan helped with one of the projects priming a deck and painting a house for a sweet 89 year old man while Elena and I stayed at the church and basically chopped tomatoes for one of the meals. I wish I could have helped paint! The youth ended the weekend with a testimony meeting (a time to share their beliefs about the gospel) and a dance! They had a good time.
Nature
We finished our Saturday with a beautiful hike.
Should I feel guilty?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends NO TV for kids less than age two
I swear it's only a 20 minute program. She wouldn't let me make dinner!
(excuses, excuses)
Eyes are GLUED to the screen. wow.
6 comments:
I saw comments on news...
Psychologist said that it is not healthy that little children watching T.V. until 2 years of age unless it is "educational" program.
Can you make Elena pictures bigger than others?
I feel good that you gave first lesson(?) to Jehovah witness.. Well, prepare lesson 2 just in case.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!
Youth Conference: ¡qué lindo!
JWs: scary!
Nature: linda foto de sus sombras!
Guilt: nah :-D
It's good practice....soon she will listen to others MUCH more than parents anyway ;). Little Einsteins is our favorite for kids! Our kids love classical music thanks to that show. The Disney shows have been much better than the PBS type in our experience though, much more educational & less irritating to the parents.
Это моя напарница!!!!! Я просто представила, как ты говорила со С.И. Хаха.
Странно, что маленькие дети могут долго смотреть на телевизор. Интересно, они понимают, что там? Или просто яркие картинки?
Дженни, про друга моей сестры. Спасибо за идею!! Он решил уехать опять в Пенсильванию, хаха. Он смешной, просто купил билет на самолет. Но это хорошее время учиться! Он очень молодой и так он научится ДУМАТЬ.
We have some German JWs coming to talk to us every so often. We are always super polite with them and stuff but never told them that we already belong to a church. So they keep on coming to share a scripture and invite us to their service and we keep on smiling and nodding.... So, my point is I admire you and Dan for standing your ground!
Post a Comment