Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Optimism

July 6th 2010, 7am.
I am driving to Renton's fabulous outdoor lap-pool.
I am purposely looking out the car window in ALL directions.
And I can't find one.  Nope, not one cloud in the sky.
Of course this happens the day after Dave and Vanessa leave the Northwest, after their weekend stay.
But don't you worry, because they didn't.  
Why? Dave and Vanessa are optimists.
They even said that you can't experience Seattle without some of its rain-clouds.
So we knew they had a great time.
I, on the other hand, was really sad that they didn't get to see Mt. Rainier because of the clouds.
But it turned out they did!  As they were flying home. 
(and thanks for these lovely pictures Vanessa!  I almost teared up with your bonus pic)

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.     ~John Ruskin

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

HAHAHA! That is so funny! The boat tour guide was right! Summer starts after the 4th of July holiday.

But you are right, we had an awesome time...thanks to you guys!!! (just sent you a couple pics)

LB said...

I freaking LOVE that picture of Mt. Rainier!! Oh Mt. Rainier...

kim said...

What a refreshing!
Gorgeous scenery and fantastic pictures!