Since Dan was gone, this was the perfect opportunity to go abroad myself! That's right, after church on Sunday, Elena and I took off on a 3 1/2 hour drive northeast to Brewster, WA. Population approximately 2,140 people (According to Wikipedia, 2009). Can you imagine that!?Here in this little town lives a lovely woman named Cindy. She and her husband have four beautiful daughters and they were barely moving out of the Skyway Ward while we were moving in, in August of 2008. They currently attend a small branch of 60 people , 40 of which speak Spanish. Everyone is given headphones during sacrament meeting, because one speaker may be speaking in English and another in Spanish! What an adventure! Oh to speak Spanish again... (I must find my own means, I know, I know)
Cindy's husband is currently in Missouri for colorguard training until May. (I told Dan to stop pouting for our short time apart. I love you Dan! :)) I am so glad that I have this opportunity to be here! I'll be enjoying the small town life till Tuesday. Chao!
| Cindy sharing a Family Home Evening message with her girls |
| Elena and Alma |
1 comment:
It's nice to explore different places!
And I can see difference between Brewster and Seattle.
Seems like hidden valley and it has own charm...but I like greener like Seattle...
Cindy reminds me having 4 girls close each other and trying to have at least one boy. Ah~ Bundle of joy!
But I am glad my time is over!
How fun Elena has bunch of friends to play with...
Thanks for opportunity to pick General Conference.
Post a Comment