It's 5:21am and I can't sleep. I feel overwhelmed about this stake youth communications fair that I was asked to organize a few months ago. What? Me be in charge? Of a stake youth activity? At first I was excited. Elena was a few months old. I didn't have a lot on my mind. I could do it!
But right now I want to run away to Tarshish. And I know that I'll only get swallowed up by a whale and be sent back to Nineveh. (We just had a Jonah lesson in Sunday School, can't you tell?) I feel too under-experienced to delegate on a stake level. I feel like a little girl. I don't know what I am doing. I am out of my comfort zone. run away. RUN AWAY!
I need to calm down.
It will be fine.
It will be fun.
I CAN DO IT!
STOP DOING THE WOE IS ME THING! IT DOESN'T HELP!
I will go and do... I need to be more like Nephi. Nephi is amazing. He was young. He had BIGGER tasks. He did it. He trusted in a higher source of power. So can I.
I'll tell you how the activity goes on Sept 18th. (while Dan will be on a business trip in Australia-- I'm not bitter...)
P.S. I just realized this morning that last night while I was at the stake meeting I had accidentally double booked for the same evening a dinner appointment with a visiting teacher and visiting teachee: girls nite out. I come to find out that there one sat at home with her manicotti, ready for her two guests, and there the other one sat at home with her salad, ready for me to pick her up.WOW, way to go. They both were very forgiving as I frantically emailed them all my confusion and apologies. I am still yet to forgive myself. One lesson at a time, PLEASE!
6 comments:
It will be fine! Just don't get mad when it turns out well Jonah did.
Nineveh,This city is now part of Iraq.
Deep breath! and ask questions to formal stake youth activities leaders and "organize your thoughts" and make plan according how many people(boys and girls) Sometimes is good to ask to young people what is their favorite activities.
MAKE COMMITTEE MEETING!
GOOD LUCK!
typical woman! stop worrying about everything Genny! It's not good for...your hair! :) Simplifying and deligating, and everything will work out!
Genny - it'll be fine! You'll do great!
I remember when I was a 20yo newby in the church I was put on an Institute area counsel and we had to put together a 3 day retreat for 4000 people. I was a little freaked. But everything worked - smoothly. It's the Lord's work and you get to help, not the other way around. :)
Thanks for all of the pep talks! I've calmed down since, I promise! (Thanks, Candy for the gentle reminder :))
Yay! I found your blog! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your family happenings.
Post a Comment