Romance-- What does that mean anyway?
Today as Dan was telling me on the phone that he "looooooooooves (me) and miiiiiiiiiiiiiiisses (me)" (good grief, haha), I came to the following conclusion about us and romance.
Dan and I are romantic in our own odd ways. I like watching romance movies. They make me smile. Dan doesn't. He thinks it's unrealistic and only leads to a hard hit of reality later. However, he is a gushy lovey dovey talker/snuggler. I can't do that. He likes to snuggle and hold hands. I only like to do that sometimes, and definitely not so much in public. (Is this confusing or what?)
I pointed this out to Dan today and he said, "It's a good balance. If we were both gushy at the same time and in the same way, we wouldn't be very productive. We would be looking into each others eyes all day long saying sweet nothings and not get anything done."
Good point.

4 comments:
Hahahahahahaha!! Totally made me laugh.
Hilarious!
Ah~ love in the air!
Mon amour'...Je t'aime...
You are born in America but half of your ancestry reaches as far back as 5000 years in Asia ...
What was romance like in Asia before it was introduced to western culture?
In Asia you don't have to physically touch one another to show your love. It is very respectable.
In America on the other hand, hands are all over like spider man.
when you see his eyes..
when you hear his voice...
when you are being thoughtful..
Your heart is full of gratitude with love..
before you hear I love you,
you know in your heart that you are being loved:
so you say silently, "l love you" without having to say it at all because you just know.
LOL!! so true. I find my husband and I are always in the opposite mood at different times. When he wants to snuggle, I don't, and when I do he doesn't! URGH! hehe. No, it's not that bad, really. Just sometimes it happens.
Post a Comment