Sunday, October 3, 2010

Date #3, Elena's birthday

Date #3
Location: our apartment 
Food: Steak with mash potatoes and peas (thanks Dan!) 
Activity: Elena's birthday!!! 
Cake Type: Carrot with whipped cream 
Elena's initial reaction: fear of large foreign food substance 
Elena's final reaction: enjoyment 
Elena's presents: 
-rubber duckies that light up (thanks Kelly!)
-bday book (thanks Gmparents Phillips!)
-crazy singing people on the answering machine
(thanks Gma and Gmp Higdon!)


Dear Elena,

We are so grateful that you came into our lives one year ago today.  We love you very much!  Thanks for making our lives more enjoyable!

Love, 

Mommy and Daddy.


9 comments:

Katie and Jamie said...

happy birthday my little niece! we love you very very much. we look at a picture of you everyday and we love watching you grow up via blog. we miss you, our little monster! love auntie katie and uncle jamie

Candy Eash said...

Happy Birthday Elena!
I love you too! :)

kim said...

Happy Birthday Cutie Pie,Elena!
Scary first birthday?
Gracious goodness!
I realized that we should practice birthday song with baby at least one week before the events...
Is that good idea?

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Elena!!! We love and miss u! ps... PICK UP UR PHONE!

Daryl said...

Totally doesn't count as a date.

Christy said...

Happy Birthday to Elena!! Can't believe she is ONE already??! Crazy. She sure is adorable!

LB said...

I say she was probably more freaked out by the fact that everyone was staring at her...I mean who wouldn't cry about that??

Happy Birthday Elena!

SupaFlowaPowa said...

oh man! happy birthday to your lil one! I can't believe she's 1 already!!!! time sure flies.... haha, i like how freaked out she was by the cake. it was just adorable.

Yulia said...

Hey I would be crying if my birthday cake looked like that too! Kidding of course :) Happy 1st year Birthday Elena!! There are so many wonderful ones to come!