I found this blog the other day and I am so glad that I did. It is about a "stalwart member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints who struggles with same gender attraction." (quoted from his blog)
Growing up in the church, I definitely heard a variety of opinions and comments regarding same gender attraction. I am grateful for my father who has seemed to seek and love those groups that are not "mainstream". I am grateful for my father who reminds others that there are good people who struggle with this issue-- they come to church, say their prayers and are doing everything that they can to follow their Savior -- and especially for them, we need to be more mindful of the things that we say and the way that we behave.
I am grateful for this blogger. Through his situation, he has turned to his Father in Heaven for love, support and guidance. He is true to the faith. His rewards will be great.
Read his blog here at: gaymormonguy.blogspot.com
Also, have a look at what our Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has said about same gender attraction: click here for article and video broadcast.
2 comments:
I was thinking King David story....
King David understood that it is not worth to have everything without Celestial world...where heavenly father lives and all finest, valient people and family who made it!
Terrible sin has been committed and forgiven by "mercy".. and will go celestial world.
But, has to pay the price by "just"..
and will remain as a angel..
King David had "trial" to overcome unhappiness,selfishness, greed and power and lack of confidence.
But he was hiding & holding his sin until reviled by prophet Nathan.
This is finest example for me. You don't have to lose everything to save your soul..
You still can carry on your happiness without losing everything.
Are you Ready?
I am so do speaking for everybody.
I have several friends that who become gay.. happen to be all return missionaries including elder who baptized me. One of them died with AIDS not long ago..He was unhappy and sad..
In your life.. people make choices..
and there is no between.
thank you so much for sharing genny!!
Post a Comment