Wednesday, January 5, 2011

courthouse and sickness

This morning I had a minor appointment with The Honorable Judge at the Renton City Courthouse.  Lucky me.  I demanded (well, politely asked) a decreased payment to my TWO camera-enforced traffic tickets that I got in ONE day, ONE hour apart from each other, in the same ONE location.  I didn't see the blinking light that said "Go 20 mph".  Apparently a lot of other people didn't see the blinking light either.  That courtroom was packed and most of us had a clean record prior to this incident, including myself.  I think the judge felt sorry for us. 


After my date with Mr. Judge, I came home and felt tired and nauseated for the rest of the day.  I know what you might be thinking.  Don't even think about it!  I'm going to play the denial card unless these symptoms are consistent.  So Elena and I watched movies and took a really long nap in a really REALLY messy house.

Poor Elena had to fend for herself due to my bedridden-ness.  In starvation, she climbed onto the dining room table, opened up a box of fancy cookies, said, "oooOOOOOooo!"  and began to devour two huge cookies while I just laid there and watched.

mock picture taken post event

4 comments:

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

I thought of you today because I'm totally going bald. Now I'll be thinking of you every day waiting to hear some news or not! lol!

Daryl said...

So, did you get the tickets reduced? I accidentally passed a school bus once and got slapped with a $325 ticket. I went to court and they let me off the hook.

Carly said...

So are these symptoms consistent???

Genny said...

Poor Emily, my baldness has finally gotten better. Comb-overs work! hahaha. Daryl, price was reduced. Carly, symptoms are not consistent :)