For the record, Dan would be an excellent stay-at-home dad.
I think he's a better stay-at-home dad than I am a stay-at-home mom.
This is why.
| making pizza at Dan's apt when we were engaged |
For our very first date, Dan made me
Tai curry with tofu.
that's right.
When I was doing my internship and Dan was not quite hired for work, he made stuff like
GRANOLA
sandwiches for lunch
AND LASAGNA with HOMEMADE NOODLES
Yesterday Dan stayed home with Elena because she was sick and I needed to do my pre-hire paperwork.
I come home to what?
TWO WARM LOAVES OF WHOLE WHEAT BREAD!
The night before that you know what Dan made?
a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough.
A couple of nights before that, you know what I found him doing?
SEARCHING ON-LINE FOR A DEAL ON A KITCHEN-AID MIXER.
I just know that if I were the one going to work,
I'd come home to a home-cooked delight.
Every night.
WHAT A STUD.
Poor guy---
I feel bad for him because he comes home and sometimes he doesn't get what I would get
if I were him and he were me.
I'll set goals to be better!
5 comments:
The Phillips boys were taught to cook! Just let them ;). I gave in to it when we started having arguments about it being "my" time / "his" time in the kitchen....now I feel no guilt about LETTING him cook. haha
Just an opinion, but if you are looking for a mixer that will be good for everything, including bread, go for a Bosch! I got a kitchen aid with our wedding gift money, and it did great at a lot of stuff, but when I started making bread I about burned out the motor, and fast. Kitchen Aid doesn't do well with the thicker dough (and I don't like to use the bread maker to make bread). I got a Bosch for Christmas 2 years ago and it handles everything easily. I like it so much more that it's the only one I brought with me when we moved!
Dan will you come be my wife? ;-)
Cooking husbands are great!...and inspiring, eh? ;0) I know how you feel!
Wow. Sounds Heavenly! ;) My husband doesn't do much cooking, but he is super when it comes to helping me clean the whole house, and the worse job-cleaning out the fridge! Genny you deserve to be treated like a Queen!
I am glad to see that Dan is good cook but he is also good for many...
For man, having a wife is good investment in old age...
And Dan is smart helping hands to his wife..
I promise you that he won't lose anything what he invested to his wife..
Dan,
You will remember this,
You will see in old age what i meant.
P.S. I hope Elena get well and do well!
Post a Comment