Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Hunger Games: who are you?

***WARNING.  IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE HUNGER GAMES AND YOU WANT TO, 
DO NOT READ THIS POST***

Tonight as I was folding laundry, Dan was going "snap, snap, snap" with the camera in the kitchen.  Why?  He is so proud of his homemade artisan bread.  I asked him, "Are you really taking pictures of the bread you just made?!?! "  Yes, yes, he was. 


Then I got to thinking.  I'm Katniss and Dan is Peetah.  Dan liked me way more than I liked him when we first started dating.  At BYU, I hunted for work to stay alive, and Dan stayed indoors to get good grades and had a food allowance.  I'm a survivor.  I am also mean.  Dan is gentle, Dan bakes bread.  Dan sometimes says that he can't live without me, and I just don't know how to respond to such a comment.  So, yeah, I'm Katniss and Dan is Peetah.  And somehow, we made it together and we love each other most of the time ;)

(Dan just said, "You're not Katniss...you're not striving to keep me alive!" eh? hehehe.)

7 comments:

Carly said...

That's hilarious...and that bread looks YUMMY!!

Christy said...

haha!!! Love the analogy! Those books are amazing too. I have read each book twice! love them!

Daryl said...

I agree! Love it.

SupaFlowaPowa said...

hahaha hilarious analogy. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Aren't you the lucky one to have a husband who can cook.

Sarah said...

Haven't read the books, but the bread looks amazing. I would take pictures too ;0)

kim said...

Wow! beautiful artisan bread!
Good Job Dan.

We don't know how to make artisan bread but we buy only that yummy bread.

You are delicious couple like artisan bread, like Yummy Picture!