Saturday, July 14, 2012

Elena's adopted sister

I told Jorelle, Ava's mother, that if she and her husband tragically die,
then I'd like to adopt Ava.
Ava knew Elena ever since she was born.
While I worked, Elena went to Ava's house, where they played and fought, naturally.
Dan and I enjoy Ava's personality, and can handle her mild temperament.
Since we moved from Sumner, Elena has prayed for Ava every day.
This week, we happily took Ava into our home while her mom was at girls camp.
When Ava leaves today, Elena will still continue to pray for her.
One example of the difference between Elena and Ava:
Dan was working on the computer when Ava asked if she could sit on his lap.
So there she sat on his left knee, no words, just watching what Dan was doing.
Then came along Elena, who asked if she too could sit on his lap.
So there she sat on his right knee, and immediately tried to steal his mouse and bang on the keyboard.
The end.