Tuesday, September 11, 2012

postpartum vs "the mood".

The other day, Dan was in "the mood."
He didn't have to say it, it was in the air, and I could sense it.
Panicked, I took the necessary 3 steps to protect my postpartum self:
1) I passed gas as loud as I could,
2) freshened my breath by eating a smelly bag of shrimp chips
3) and insisted on fixing Dan's uneven haircut that I rushed weeks before.
He got the message.
A more charming approach than roaring  N! O!
A woman's got to do what a woman's got to do.

6 comments:

The McClellan Family said...

Oh Wow!! HAHAHAHA!! Does Dan know you wrote this? He has come a long way since our first days in Skyway!!

Katrina said...

Buahahahaha! I can totally and completely relate.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

I. Can't. Stop. LAUGHING! You guys crack me up!

Candy Eash said...

Oh. My. Laughing out loud! :)

SupaFlowaPowa said...

oh my Genny. lol hahahahahhaa i had to re-read this post a few times before I understood what you meant. HAHAHAHAHA.

kim said...

Yeah, Smart Girl!
Way to go!!!!
Two Thumbs Up! Way Up!!!!
:) :) :) :-) :-) HaHaHaha!!!