Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Elena's got endurance

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day, so we ventured to the library.  I walked, Elena biked, Michael sat.  Can I just say, Elena may be too princessy for my blood these days, she may be too wild at times, but she's got some amazing endurance.  Here she was biking up an inclining street.  When she got tired, did she throw her bike to the floor?  Did she ask me to hold her?  NO!  She got off her bike and pushed it until she was ready to ride again.  Oh yeah...

Last Friday, when we were carless, Elena and I walked to the bus-stop, then around the zoo, bussed and walked home.  She just kept going and going and going.  I am really grateful for that.

 P.S.  Let's not forget her other side:


P.P.S.  And let us remember that all frilly and pink things are thanks to Higdon and Phillips Grandparents alike.  Though I am not a full 'girly' supporter, I will not burn her current assets. Bottom line, she loves them.