Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Bus-driver-lady

Today, the kids and I decided to hop on the bus and meander around Downtown Seattle.  It was fun, until it got really windy.

"Let's find our bus and go home!" I encouraged.

We found our bus on the street, but I realized that its correct bus-stop was another block away.  The bus-driver-lady and I made eye contact before Elena and I started to run down the street. (Michael was strapped to my chest-- of course.) 

The bus passed us and stopped at the bus-stop.  We were still too far away, and I was sure we wouldn't make it... until I realized that the bus began to idle!

"She's waiting for us!"  I exclaimed.  It took us at least 30 seconds to catch up to her, and as we entered the bus, I gave the Bus-driver-lady a big smile and thank you.

The bus felt so warm, and I thought about how the bus-lady saved us from the chilly wind.

When our time came to disembark, I looked at the busdriver through her rearview mirror and waved another thank you.  She waved back with a smile.

That bus-driver-lady sure made my day.  And I have a feeling that we made hers.