Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mmmmmm.... Bacon!


Fast Sunday morning.  I decided to make breakfast for Elena.  Recently she's been having "only cereal" (generic brand of honey nut cheerios) with "no milk on it" and sometimes a frozen berry medley (separately - not in the same bowl) with "milk in a cup".  I put quotes around these phrases because these are the exact words we hear every morning from Elena.
I decided to see how much could be done only with the microwave.  First, I cut 4 strips of bacon in half and arranged them on a big plate.  Set another plate on top to cover.  Microwave for 4-5 minutes and out came yummy crispy bacon without sacrificing the house filled with the smell of bacon in the morning :). (careful not to overcook)
Next came an egg, scrambled in a pyrex measuring cup with grated cheese, pepper, and salt on top.  Cover with the bacon plates lid and into the microwave for 1 minute.  Out came fluffy scrambled eggs.
Elena gobbled up a strawberry, 8 half strips of crispy bacon, a scrambled egg with melted cheese and two cups of orange juice.
It's amazing easy it is to catch yourself talking about food on Fast Sunday morning :).

Daniel

No church today - home with sick Elena.