Wednesday, April 3, 2013

the weather

Today at the park, Elena observes, "Mom, the sun is bright!"
"I know, isn't it great?!?!"
"Yes, but it burns my eyes... it burns my eyes."

I think the North West really does have vampires.

All jokes aside, hands down, this has been the BEST WINTER EVER!  And now spring... SPRING!!!  Today, I walked around in shorts showing my bright white legs.  Shorts!  And a t-shirt!  It's April!  I've seen so many blue skies these months.  I'm almost tempted to settle here.  It has been so pleasant: a nice blend of rain, sun, and crisp cool weather.  Just showing my gratitude for the weather--  IT'S A MIRACLE.

(FYI, it's 60 degrees...I think I'm acclimatizing to cooler weather.  Cause it was PERFECT)

And West Seattle.  I love it.  If we settle in the NW, (and that's a big IF) this is my first pick.  So we need to keep saving our pennies to afford it :)