Realization #1:
Today as I was pushing the kids in the stroller, two separate passerby's commented that I was "lucky": "You are so lucky!" "You're a lucky gal."
I wondered, is it because I have cute kids? Or, is it because I am able to have kids? Or is it because I get to take care of my own kids? Who knows. But I guess I should be more grateful for my 'luck' more often, and not worry so much about the little things that 'burden' me. (Like earlier this morning, when I reprimanded Elena for beating Michael's head with a balloon.)
Realization #2:
Later today, as I was mentioning to my neighbor about a meal Dan recently tried to cook, she sighed, "That is so awesome that Dan cooks! The other day while we were outside, and Dan was inside making lunch, I was like 'oh I wish (my husband) did that!'"
I reacted, "I should probably be more grateful for the things Dan does for me. I think I take him for granted too much."
Realization 1 + Realization 2 = Realization 3: Do I focus more on my burdens than my blessings? Life is good in so many ways, right?