PART 1: DENNY CREEK
Lately, it's been more difficult exploring as a family with Dan working and being a student at the same time. Next summer we will take a school break--MARK MY WORDS! With that said, we truly had a Happy 4th of July. It started with a big breakfast, and then off we drove to Denny Creek. We hiked 1.3 miles to a rock slide/ waterfall area. Really beautiful!
As we were hiking back, Elena slipped and landed on her bum. I felt really bad for her, so I put her on my back while Dan carried Michael. Then it hit me--I can still carry Elena! Months ago I accepted that we would only do short family hikes, but I now realize that we can go on longer hikes if we give Elena a break every now and again. I am really excited for this!
PART 2: BBQ at the Ramsey's
Three years ago, my at-the-time Visiting Teaching Companion, Kaori, invited us to their house for food and fireworks. And we've been invited back ever since. YES! YES! YES! Not only are they wonderful company, but Brother Ramsey is a professional chef. YES! YES! YES!
No comments:
Post a Comment