Monday, July 1, 2013

High beds and...stuff

Why is it that Dan has more clothes than me?
...more shoes than me?
...more sports equipment than me?
...many many more jackets than me?
...MORE CRAP THAN ME?!!! (excuse my French)

Some crack-of-dawn mornings when Michael wakes up crying, I either (A) pat him on the back until he calms back to sleep, or when I'm exhausted, I (B) pull him into bed.  And when I pull him into bed, I am holding onto him for dear life.  Why?  Because our bed is nearly 3 feet off the floor!

Many moons ago, Dan built a 5 ft high bed when we moved from a house into a one bedroom apt.  He later shortened the legs to 3 feet high when we 'upgraded' to a two-bedroom apt.  And it really was great.  We had more stuff than we knew what to do with, so we stuck it all under the bed.

Then: (lovely pose, hehehe)

And now...
Rock a bye baby on the high-bed...
When he rolls off, he'll have a concussion...

Today as I tried to consolidate our under-bed belongings, I was very tempted to call Dan at work and scream, "Unless you are serious about starting tennis again, get rid of those dusty shoes from under the bed!"  I am going to spare the world of all the things that are under there.  And I know that there are fellow hoarders, sorry, sentimentalists out there that would side with Dan to keep his high-school soccer socks for memory's sake, or better yet, in case of an emergency.

I just think it's funny that once upon a time I thought that a low bed was whatever, and now I see it as an absolute luxury. LUXURY!  :)

Am I asking too much here?  Have I become more snobby?  (Don't answer that, hehehe)

No comments: