Thursday, October 10, 2013

You city? Or country? (The Farm at Swan's trail)

Well, since Elena's birthday, Michael had the roseola virus with a fever that peaked at 104 degrees F.  Yikes.  It was great to lounge around that weekend and watch General Conference.  We still took breaks and went on walks.  Michael is now better.
 sick Michael

Changing the subject:

When I was a little girl, I remember saying, "I could never live in the country.  I am a city girl."  What?!?!

Yesterday, we went to The Farm at Swan's Trail, in Snohomish WA.  I LOOOOVED driving out into open fields, viewing herds and cattle.  Oh man.  I later called Dan and said, "That's it!  You must quit your city job so we can live out here in the country."  His response, "uuuuuh, yeeeaaahh."  I guess for now, we are city people, and I am at least grateful that it only takes an hour to drive out of all the congestion.  City, country, city, country--- there are perks to both I suppose.

At the farm, a retired school teacher volunteers every Fall to give wagon rides.  Fortunately, by the time we wanted to ride, a big group of kids just finished, and we ended up being the only ones.  We got in and rode to a pumpkin patch.  I then let the kids wander.  Michael sat down and started playing with the soil, and Elena explored to the end of the field.

He later commented, "You are such a good mother.  Your son has mud all over his face, and your daughter is wearing two different shoes.  That's so great."  And he meant it sincerely.  Warmed my heart.

Enjoy a compiled video of The Farm!

No comments: