Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mission anxiety flashback

So I am experiencing what I call "mission anxiety flashback". I call it that becuase with my new calling, I am feeling similar anxiety as I did when I was a missionary (at times). Sundays were tough because I would be running around trying to make sure that no one was sitting alone, or looking lonely. And the worst was when I didn't really know what to say to stir conversation.

Now imagine that experience and tag it to teenage girls. I don't remember what I liked talking about when I was a teenager. And it's hard to know what to do when they are sitting alone. It's only a couple of girls that are like that. Fortunately, some girls notice the ones that are alone, and they go and talk to them. On the mission, I remembered sending the outgoing to talk to others. I am learning to do the same. It's funny.

Why can't I just relax? Mission anxiety flashback I tell you. I think I will probably have these bouts for the rest of my days. Ugh. HOWEVER, I really love being in Young Womens. These ladies are fun. I love hearing their testimonies. They are strong. They have a lot to face.

Speaking of missions, the missionaries invited Dan and I to find a future investigator to be taught in our home in two weeks. AHHH! The days are counting down! I hope it happens!!!

2 comments:

Bennion Corner said...

The set a date program is crazy...I know, Shawn and I have done it. But we will pray for you. It is the Lord's work, so as long as we do our part, the Lord with push forth His kingdom. We all work to share truth wherever we are.

Genny said...

ahhhhh, thanks. FAWN!!!! Hello mommy! How happy.