Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finally, a name for Baby Girl Phillips!

And her name shall be call-ed!!!!
Élena Meliss Phillips!
(Emphasis on the first syllable E-le-na Not e-LEh-na). We were thinking about names while we drove down to the temple for the very purpose of thinking of names. On the way back, I was like, I like Elena, where did I hear that from??? In Russian Елена (pronounced YelEnah) is a common name and means "clear, chosen" or "bright, light, torch". But we were thinking of specifically Elena not Yelenah... Finally I remembered that when we visited the Weidmanns in Switzerland, the youngest Weidmann's name was Élena. That sealed the deal because we would love our little girl to be like Elena Weidmann. Brave, very smart, adorable, beautifully talented, righteous, and funny. That little girl is a stud ;)

The name Meliss comes from my great grandma on the Higdon side. She died when my grandma was only 9. My grandma said that everyone called her Meliss, though her name was Melissa. We liked the way Meliss sounded with Elena, as opposed to Melissa. Meliss means "Honey Bee" and Genny's Grandma did said her mom was a very hard worker. Anyway, so that's how we came up with our daughter's name!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

SHE IS SOOOOOOOO CUTE! yippy!!!! and by the way no one knows about obama... =) FAMILY SECRETS LOL... ne who... iwill cook for u my dear i will cook for u!

kim.higdon said...

Debbie, I am glad to know that you will help your sister! very nice thing to do!
Genny, your baby name is very cute and sophisticated...
Elena meliss Phillips, you are so cute.... a lot of hugs and kisses...

Carly said...

Love it!!

Dustin Family said...

CUTE NAME!!! She's gorgeous Genny!! By the way, I didn't mean to imply that you are not cute and little now by my comment on your facebook page. :) But I was suprised how fast you had shrunk back down (if that had been right after BGP)... :)

James and Bethany said...

What a beautiful name well picked. Congradulations woman!