Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Long slumber, change of callings

Great news! Last night Elena slept for 9 hours! I even woke her up because I wanted to feed her. Now, I don't think that this is going to happen every night from now on. Yesterday during the day, she kept getting woken up, so I think she was pooped come night time! It was nice though.

I have been officially released as Young Womens President, and I'm out of Young Womens all together. It was a fun ride. I am going to miss those girls. Can I just say, that though at times I was stressed out, it really was one of my favorite callings. The girls in our ward were so down to earth and lovable. I am grateful for the youth and their examples. They are amazing.

I mean, who can't love these young women!?!?!


Dan's been called into the Bishopric as the 2nd Counselor. Poor guy...poor me! jk. It doesn't seem as time-consuming yet. But yes, he is on the stand during sacrament while I am a loner/mother's room dweller. His job up there--measuring the height of the pulpit to the speaker...jk (really it is one of his jobs though :))

So now I am a stay at home mom, callingless, reading Harry Potter books, making sure Elena is happy. Life's pretty peaceful...I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

2 comments:

BrookeB said...

What an exciting turn of events in your family! But I have to say the 9 hours of sleep for Elena is by far the most exciting! :) (just kidding, but that is very exciting!)

We just finished Harry Potter 2 weeks ago; we read them all out loud to each other. We love Harry Potter...hence we were Hermoine and Ron for Halloween :) .

We miss you!

kim said...

Good baby!
She is starting a just the time...
and take a nap here and there during the day..(hopefully!)

You fulfilled as a Young Women President like a surrogate mother.

Hum!

Did you heard about mother calling too?

For a while your calling is get to know your baby..:)

Well! Dan has a great responsibility with calling.. but what a capacity of knowledge he will obtain.. That is called blessing!

So, Congrats! to Busy Mom and Busy Daddy:)