Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A glimpse of the sun in seattle

One day last week I woke up, walked into the living room, and saw a beam of light
shooting between two curtains. Knowing that these days don't come by very often in Seattle,
I quickly fed Elena and off we went on a very long adventure. (I am grateful for having this kind of freedom in my life at this time.)

I felt really lucky that day. One, I enjoy taking a stroll to the church. It is less
than a mile away. This particular church building is special and I feel really
privileged that I live within its boundaries. Take a close look:


Then turn around and look at that!!!! That, my friends, is the lovely Lake Washington. And I don't think many churches get a view like that from their parking lot. Hurray for Skyway!:


I ended up walking around 5 hours that day. Fortunately a friend down the hill was home, so we walked together to Coulon Park, which overlooks the lake. What an accomplishment!

Elena was having the time of her life:


Oh what a journey! The hard part was climbing back up that hill. Yikes.
On a different note, Elena got her first pair of shoes from her great grandparents, the Foulgers. They sure are cute, and I find it funny that they are used solely for aesthetic purposes at this stage in her mechanical development. All in all, still cute! Thank you Foulgers!

4 comments:

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

You are so hard core! The whole time (maybe like 20 minutes) that I was running today I was thinking to myself "you have to do this so you can keep up with genny. just keep going!" and yes...I love our little Skyway view! woohoo!

LB said...

Elena is so freaking cute!! I love her expressions. and I think A Clear Day in Seattle, not only could be a great title of a jazz song, but also qualifies as a little glimpse of heaven!

Debbie said...

She is getting so big and cute!!!

kim said...

Look at the Elena, What a calm and peaceful face...
Just beautiful to look at her...
Xo.Xo,Xo....