Sunday, February 21, 2010

The horror of a wide angle lens

Ok guys, Dan pointed out something that made me calm down a bit. Apparently when I was taking pictures of my scalp, I had it on a wide angle setting. So I'm still shedding hair, but not as much as I thought. Let me show you a comparison:

Wide angle:
Regular angle:
I called the nurse that I was losing hair and this is what she says: "I've never heard that before." Thanks for the comfort. She must not have come across that in her life, but according to others, I'm not alone. Still I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday to check out my thyroid levels. Wish me luck that it'll be normal.

I hope I didn't scare future moms out there with my wide angle shots! But as soon as my hair grows back, I'll take a picture. I just want moms out there to know that if it happens to them, they'll be ok.

3 comments:

kim said...

Oh My, it doesn't matter regular or wide angle.. you lost hair no matter what!
L am glad to know you will see the doctor..I am curious myself.

Ah! Ashley lost a lot of hair ( not with prego) and she is using SULFATE- -FREE Shampoo&conditional L'Oreal or other brand which is good for scalps and hair-researched by internet and recommended by professional salon.
Remember SULFATE-FREE.
GOOD LUCK!

Genny said...

thanks mom... you're a winner when it comes to smooth talking. ;0 aiyah!

BrookeB said...

Hey Gen,

I cried and cried one night when I felt like I was going bald, because I had large patches of thin hair around my hairline about 3 months after Ben was born. Then I read in my Mayo Clinic Pregnancy book that it is VERY normal to have that postpartum hair loss. Whew. And it grows back, but you will have short wispy pieces for awhile!