Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dan did a great job! I will spare his life :) Happy Mother's Day!

Madre, te amo, con todo el alma.  
Del cielo Dios me ha mandado a ti!!!!!!
Cuando estas cerca, escuchar quiero,
Tus dulces palabras de amor para mi!
Madre te amo, te quiero a ti!!!!

Today was a wonderful mother's day.  We went to church and listened to great talks about the divine role of motherhood.  Mothers are soooo important.  They affect the core social unit of society--the family.  Dan and I are both grateful for our mothers and the great examples that they are.  Every woman is a mother, whether or not they have their own at this time.

Unfortunately I was sick today.  I slept and slept after church.  Little did I know the surprise that Dan was whipping up in the kitchen.  As I exited the bedroom, I saw that Dan made eggplant parmesana with salad on new corelle dishware!!!  Let me give you a sales pitch on corelle-- 1) Super light weight.  Really, I don't like heavy dishes.  The thought of carrying light weight dishes hither and thither is so exciting!  2) Very difficult to break.  A definite plus!




Elena and Daddy enjoyed each other's company in celebration of Daddy's allowance to live a little longer, hehehe.  Elena tried oatmeal today, and nearly gagged.  Poor girl.  On to veggies and fruits!

4 comments:

Candy Eash said...

Happy Mommy's Day! (Way to go Dan!)

kim said...

I love that pictures when you were little..
Makes me hungry for that eggplant parmigiana,Yum!
You are lucky that your husband knows how to cook. Yeah, that is plus,plus.

I love,love,Elena smile..
Isn't it something being a mother!
Great task!
Yeah,We have "good and bad and ugly".

Debbie said...

HEHEHEHEHEHE! Good Job DAN! =)

Christy said...

That's looks really good! Good Job Dan! Happy(late) Mother's Day to you!