So has this ever happened to you? Or is it just me. Food experiments can be really dangerous sometimes. Here I stir-fried 4 delicious vegetables: red cabbage, onions, carrots and spinach. It was sooo beautiful and bright--full of color! I then added brown rice, eggs, ham and asian-like condiments.
Result? Blue barf. (for my foreign friends, barf means: throw up, vomit)

All those bright colors dulled and mixed together with the frying. A chemical reaction when these veggies become more acidic-- I should have known!
It tasted like fried rice for the most part. Last night I made it so that I could pack some up for Dan on the way to church volleyball. Before Dan opened the container, I warned him:
"Just don't look at it! The taste is preeeetty good. It looks awful though."
Dan ate most of it--what a champ!
Don't worry, I whipped up some no-bake chocolate chip cookies to make up for it.

This actually reminded me of the time I lived in the Dominican Republic. They made the yummiest food! I was staying with the wonderful Beltre family and they allowed me to make them dinner. I decided to cook up some meat. Daddy Salvador took the first bite and exclaimed:
Esto es crudo???!?! (Is this raw?)
Genoveva, tu no estas lista para casarte. (Genevieve, you are not ready to marry)
So the meat was a little tough...
4 comments:
HAHAHA! Your barf dinner is hilarious! I have definitely had bombs...but not blue ones. Awesome.
Oh,My! You need to go cooking class.
Выглядит вкусно! Когда ко мне придут гости, которых я не захочу кормить, я просто приготовлю ЭТО. А потом, когда они скажут, что не голодны, и уйдут, я просто съем всё сама. Отличная идея. Можно экономить на пище :-)
Дженни, ты готовишь борщ?
Yum Yum!
I'm glad you were able to hack my blog finally. Thanks for considering me your "Vlad Lubovchik." You can put my last name Жеравина in the parenthesis if it helps. ;)
Post a Comment