(Zone conference. June 12, 2004. Vladivostok, Russia)
Whenever I see someone from my mission, I feel a special bond.
I call it, "The Mission Bond". And this is probably why:
We sweated
Cried
Triumphed
Bore our testimonies
Faced our fears
Sang hymns
in Russian even
TOGETHER
So last week when Smitty (Jeff Smith) contacted us, and told us that he had a 4 hour layover in Seattle,
Lisa and I didn't think twice about taking him around to see the sights! (Dan had to work, poor guy.)
We couldn't help but glimpse back to the mission field for a moment or two.
GOOD TIMES.
We couldn't help but glimpse back to the mission field for a moment or two.
GOOD TIMES.

3 comments:
I definitely agree with the "mission bond" theory. It was so much fun to see you and Lisa! I hope we get a chance to see everyone else in the not-too-distant future.
Angels wing! stretches the end.. and spirit covers the world...
What a feeling!
You look at the world with eyes of god like windows of heaven.
You love the world like a god...
You suffer with hope!
You cry with love!
.
Being a missionary is a privilege and gift of god.. always will remain in your heart...
And god so~ love the world..He gave us begotten son. Now We walk in the light. The light of CHRIST!
wow. that picture from 2004 brings back a ton of memories of my home ward. Thanks for posting that !!
Post a Comment