Someone once told me to stay away from Tacoma. "It's the armpit of Washington". NO IT IS NOT!
They must have really fixed it up, because I like it!
Jorelle wanted to go to the Almond Roca Factory and the Museum of Washington History, so off we drove with her friend Terady. Loved the old buildings. There's that cherished city feel, and yet, the beautiful waters are in view.
FYI- The Almond Roca Factory does NOT do tours anymore. :( However, they sell candy next door for CHEAP. Especially the duds. Bags of cheap duds.
(Dad, I used to steal Almond Roca from your cabinet when I was little...)
Jorelle's funny. We had an extensive conversation about houses. Dan and I will one day buy a house, we hope. Who knows when. Jorelle has major background in the housing business. She's full of ideas.
"Buy cheap! A run-down fixer-upper! or, buy cheap land and build a small apt/garage and slowly build your dream house as you can afford it!" She gave great advice. Find something that you can afford. AFFORD!
I don't know where to start with fixing or building. However, in Helaman 3 the Nephites moved North where there were barely any trees, so they "became exceedingly expert in the working of cement." If the Nephites became expert in the working of cement, I can go to Home Depot and become expert in fixing up a place, ha!

4 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing. Carly is right, you do write well! I love it! Just remember The home depot, you can do it, they can't help!!! You are amazing, you will be a general contractor before you know it! Let's house hunt!!!
Hey, Josh and I live in Tacoma! We love it! Sometimes it smells like the armpit of Washington, ever heard of the "Aroma of Tacoma"? Haha Glad you enjoyed! We should get together and do something sometime!
Tacoma adopted its name after the nearby Mount Rainier, originally called Mount Tacoma or Mount Tahoma. It is known as the "City of Destiny" because the area was chosen to be the western terminus of the Northern Pacific Railroad in the late 1800s.
Tacoma is also known for the smell causes by the Pulp mill, and the smell is called by non-locals the "Tacoma Aroma."
If old house has character and personality,it is well worth it to fix.
Also you can not ignored school district.
Keep searching and dream alive!
P.S:Grand papa said"you are having too much fun! We love you! and miss you!"
Post a Comment