 |
| Las Genovevas |
It was the year 2001 at Brigham Young University. I had just studied Spanish for 5 months in the Dominican Republic. My Spanish was fresh, and I was in pursuit to possibly be a high school Spanish teacher.
One day, while doing my homework in the living room of my off-campus apartment, in walked in a small Ecuadorian beauty named Genoveva. I gasped and said, "Mi nombre es Genoveva tambien!" (My name is Genoveva too!). She laughed with excitement, we hugged, and we have been great friends ever since. We cooked exotic foods, went to Salsa dances, and often visited these two apartments of college men: one- who lured us into their apartment by letting us use their internet whenever we wanted, and the other- who lured us into their apartment with their freezer always full of icecream.
 |
| Hiking Provo Canyon |
 |
| Geno, me, and sister Debbie dressing up for the dollar theater, hehe |
 |
| me, geno, and veronica: at a Luau, screaming at the big brown men |
When I returned from a Russian-speaking mission, Genoveva trained me to speak Spanish again and almost exclusively speaks spanish to me till this day. This woman is full of talent. She sees beauty, and captures it on camera. See her pictures
here. I love my Genoveva!


Genoveva and Ben (who happened to be one of those luring men) proudly brought Andrew Wayment into the world. I am happy to be here and help out until this coming Saturday.
Believe it or not, Dan is doing much better than usual with our time apart. His remedy: constantly cooking in the kitchen and building up a fridge full of left-overs.
4 comments:
Genny,
It is nice of you to help new born baby Mom.
And congratulate to your friend Genoveva who just had health baby.
Great friendship!
AAA estoy renegra en esa foto, estaba recien llegada de Ecuador jajajaj y those luring men jajajaj que chevere esos tiempos de ir a robar helado a Martin o acompañar a la Geno a ver a su amado Ben jajajaj. De esos dias of holding toes a tener un bebito AWW me alegra ser testiga de eso. Cuida a mi Geno y dale muchos abrazos de mi parte.
I didn't see more pictures coming...
That is cool! Awesome! Pretty!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA look at us BAHAHAHAq
Post a Comment