Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dear Santa,

Dear Santa,

I promise I was a good girl this year.  

I would like new kitchen towels for two reasons.  One, they are stained and never really look clean.  Two, DAN THE INCINERATOR left one in the oven today. Maybe it's Dan that really wants new kitchen towels.

After church, I decided to make a bean dip. I turned on the oven to broil as I assembled the dip. After a few minutes, I thought, Funny, why does the oven smell like smoke? Something must have dripped inside previously.

I took little thought and continued preparing the dip.  As Dan walked out the door, he glanced over into the kitchen and saw smoke coming from the oven.

As Dan opened it to check, we saw a kitchen towel begin to go up in FLAMES!!!

Dan quickly closed the oven--

Dan!  The oven is on fire!!!  What is in the oven?!?

Uhhh, a kitchen towel???

We then waited a few seconds, a bit off guard.

Do you think that it's still on fire?!

I don't think so...

Opening... yup, still on fire.

While Dan left the kitchen (boyscout mode), I stood there, frozen, imagining big red flames about to engulf the walls around the oven.  (This imagery is describing the word panic, hehe.)

Dan, the genius, then returned with baking soda, and generously threw the lot in the oven.  He then turned to me and asked (with a smile) why I didn't check the oven before turning it on.  Yeeeaaaah....

Kitchen towels.  Preferably dark ones.  And I'll totally make you a plate of cookies as soon as Mr. Pyro here cleans the oven. :)

Thank you!

Genny

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Did he explain why there was a towel in the oven in the first place??

Genny said...

yeah, he was letting dough rise...

Sarah said...

Hmmm...flimsy explaination. At least he put out the fire and saved you all.

Julia Salomatina (Putilina) said...

Дан спас вам жизнь с помощью соды!!! Он молодец, сразу понял, что делать, настоящий бойскаут.
Дженни, напиши мне адрес, я знаю, где живет Санта-Клаус в России. Возможно, он сможет тебе помочь найти новые полотенца.

kim said...

As I told you Monkey can fall from the tree and learn from mistakes..
And become wiser!

Debbie said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gaviota said...

JUA JUA JUA JUA JUA...Genny, que excelente eres para escribir este tipo de cosas!!!!!!!!!!!!!