Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Elena just knew that it wasn't right

No pictures today but a funny/sad/irresponsible-parenting story.  I forgot why we were doing this, but Dan had my arms pinned to my side and I was fighting to free myself.  Then I was violently whacking his arms out of the way to not get pinned again.  As all of this was happening, in good fun might I add, I looked at Elena who just stood there, frozen, staring at us.  Then I did it.  I jokingly picked up the TV remote and lightly whacked Dan on the side of his head.  (As I am writing this, I am realizing that I've got problems-- Jokingly hit Dan on the side of his head with a remote?  What is wrong with me?)

Elena instantly lost it, and ran away screaming.

She just knew that things didn't look or feel right.  What a wise spirit in that baby body of hers.

What we do on the outside does matter.  

Dan and I had to hug eachother over and over in front of Elena to convince her that we loved each other, and that everything was going to be ok.  She finally started to calm down as she was screaming baby words at us--I think she was giving us a lecture.

We felt a little guilty.  Lesson learned.  Next time, I'll hit him with something else.  KIDDING!  only kidding.

4 comments:

The McClellan Family said...

elena is like the peacemaker, she is so sweet. What a tender spirit she has!!

WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME?????

You better answer me!!!!

Candy Eash said...

aawwweee, and lol!
a family pillow fight may help her understand play-hitting better. :)

So -- did you move to Australia?

kim said...

Good for Elena!
This is only beginning...
Who thought that we will learn amazing wisdom from little child...

Thousand kisses.. Xo.Xo.

Christy said...

Awww...that is so sweet. And terrible of you guys to be "fighting";0!! haha.