Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby bathtime vs Korean saunas

When Elena wakes up, I make her breakfast, and then we take a nice warm bath together.  It will be a sad day when she realizes that her mommy is naked.  Because that is just awkward.

I'm sure my mom took baths with me, and I just don't remember.  But I do remember Christmas of 2008, when my Korean aunt invited us 'women' to go to a Korean women's sauna while the kids roasted marshmallows and the adults, sweet potatoes.  My sister Debbie, my mom and I opted to go.  Maybe it's a normal Korean thing, but Americanized Debbie and I did not understand what was coming.  Please don't picture this, but Debbie and I were awkwardly giggling in our attempt to censor ourselves with our arms and hands while we trotted from the shower to the jacuzzi.  And then we saw our mom, who walked around the sauna as if she was walking down the street. 

So it will be a sad day when Elena realizes that her mommy is naked.  Because we won't be taking baths together anymore. lol.  Oh we still love our Koreans!

2 comments:

kim said...

Korean sauna is best!
first, you sock your body in hot tub.
Second, profesional people scrub your body and give oil massage and wash your hair too.
You can go dry or steam sauna and special dry mud room or salt room. You feel so light and free from all tention and stress!
Nothing new to Korean people going to sauna. That is tradition and you got use to it since childfood.
Great tradition!

SupaFlowaPowa said...

Hahaa My mom goes all the time and she's always trying to get me to go - I haven't yet but I'm also afraid it will just turn into a Chinese mom critique me while I'm naked moment. Hahahahahaaaaa But I do hear they are amazing!!!