Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When you realize what you are capable of

Once upon a time, we moved into a two bedroom apartment and Elena finally got her own room!
She started to go to bed consistently, and stopped putting up such a fight when placed into her crib...
              ...UNTIL SHE REALIZED
                 ...THAT SHE WAS CAPABLE
                   ... OF CLIMBING OUT





Tonight it took me over 1.5 hours for Elena to finally go to sleep.  She climbed out of her crib three times.  After that point, I decided to stay in her room in case she climbed out again.

I was somewhat entertained by her process of tiring and finally falling asleep.  She whined, rolled, talked to herself, took off her pants, rolled, put her bum in the air, rolled, stood up, remembered that I was in the room, touched my shoulder and said 'mama?',  dropped back down, rolled and finally fell asleep.  WOW.




It's amazing what you can do
when you realize what you are capable of.
Currently for Elena, it is the eagerness to climb out of her crib!
And as Elena grows,
I hope she will continue to realize that she is capable of doing  
great and marvelous things.
And as she does,
I hope she'll climb and reach with all her might.
  

P.S.  Today, Elena threw the cell phone in the toilet.  
Sorry when no one answers the phone.  
I'm hoping that this will fix the problem:

4 comments:

Kim said...

Toddler bed time? Once they figure out their freedom it takes some getting used to (for all of you). Dasha used to fall asleep right by her door every night. :)

kim said...

You will be frustrated if you think she is still baby.
Good bye, Baby! and Hello Toddler!
Stage of explore, Curious and independent(some what) and little girl will show you time to time her progress...and surprises...
When you were little girl,
climbing down from the crib all the time. However, I did not stop you
because you were safe and I was proud of your achievement.
You were so much expert...
Finally, we changed to lower bed.
You loved it!

Mindy said...

You need a crib tent!

http://www.amazon.com/Tots-Mind-Cozy-Crib-White/dp/B00014PLAY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302277557&sr=8-1

K climbed out of her crib too, but she was such a good sleeper that we just put a twin mattress on her floor and put the crib away. Ethan never climbed out of the crib....thank goodness because he wasn't a good sleeper! Once he was in a bed we put a gate up in his doorway so when he woke up super early he could just play for awhile without us having to wake up.

Yulia said...

we used crib with my son till he was like 3... he never even tried to climb out of it. So, no advise for you here. But she looks so cute sound asleep.