Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dan's bday, and the best of Mt Rainier we've seen

Last Sunday Dan turned 29.  So young.  "And he magically became so attractive.  I've never seen him in such a beautiful light.  I am so lucky to be married to an attractive, fun loving man".   Dan is jokingly dictating what I should type, and I am secretly doing just that.

We may forget our anniversary, but it's a big no no to forget one's birthday.
I surprised him Sunday morning by taping big plastic bags against the bedroom door, then filling the space (between the plastic and the door) with balloons. Upon hearing the Russian Happy Birthday song, Dan opened the door, and the balloons fell on top of him!  There were cheesy notes found inside each balloon, like "you're a great dad", and "thanks for being a great cook", blah blah blah. 


(Please note that I accidentally chose the Russian Happy B-Day song dubbed over in Swedish) 

Monday (Labor Day), we hiked the Naches loop trail across Mt Rainier with the McClellan men .



And Yesterday, we hiked the Skyline loop trail at Paradise  --base of Mt Rainier.



(above)You can't see it in this pic because of the lighting, but there are rolling layers of mountains that extend out far enough to see both Mt Adams and St Helen's.  And the glacial tops of Rainier? --you can almost touch it, it's so close. 

A beautiful week.  We feel like we've seen enough Washington wonders to last us through the at-times- gloomy-doomy-winter.  We will now be more homebody-like and replenish our overly spent gasoline fund.