Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy birthday to me...


This morning as I woke up with a sore throat, I thought, "I've been cursed!"
Serves me right for being so demanding. 
A couple of weeks ago, I started threatening Dan,
"You better do something really special for my 30th birthday!"
I started prepping him with ideas that my friends' husbands did/are doing for them,
"See?!  See?!  Look what they are doing!"
I think I was being extra demanding/needy because of lack of local friends.
As if he needed to make up for my lonely state.  Poor guy.
Well, anyway, yesterday Dan caught a stomach bug.
That's right, in misery, he suffered from major vomiting and poopooing.
In agony and weakness, he looked at me, referring to my special day, and said in hopelessness,
"Go buy a plane ticket and fly somewhere... and take Elena with you..." :)
It's 6:15am, I'm gurgling hot salt water, and I've decided to lose all expectations.
And for some reason, I'm feeling pleasant.
The salt water is soothing and I think I'm going to go for a swim.
Thirty and thriving! ;)