Saturday, November 3, 2012

Back from Cali, hello falling leaves.

Oh, California and it's 70-80 degree weather was lovely.  You know you're in Los Angeles when you go to a pumpkin patch in a parking lot!!!
 It was so great to visit with family.  My brother Michael seemed to have a proud grin on his face when he held his very own "junior".  I went into my usual OCD-organize-the-house-craze, which always seems to stress my parents out.  But I really try to convince myself that they appreciate it.  Right, mom and dad?  Right?!?!?!?!  
Yesterday, I sluggishly lounged around the house in my PJs, and surprise-surprise threw myself a pity party for being stuck indoors in gloomy Washington.  However, this morning I reflected on my 100 year old grandmother.  She rarely leaves her room these days, but every morning she changes out of her pajamas and sets her hair.  So that's what I did.  I put on 'outside' clothes, did my hair all cute, slapped on some make-up, and we went out the door.
  
I was only gone one week, but I feel like I came back to Fall and all its vibrant colors.  Today we made a zoo run, and then stopped by Green lake where crew teams were rowing in the grey-colored waters, surrounded by orange and red trees.  Such a great day.