Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Portland trip; Seattle baseball.

I have no pictures.  I'll try to gather some...

A little over a week ago, I took the kids to Portland for a couple of days to visit my friend Suzanne.  Suzanne and I used to be neighbors when we lived in Renton.  Elena had a great time playing with Audrey as we explored interesting places, like Voodoo doughnuts and the Oregon Zoo.  We were also grateful to the Foulger Family (Dan's Aunt Anne, Uncle Mark and cousins) for housing us for a night and treating us out to dinner.

When we came back, for some reason Dan and I were at each others' throats for a couple of days... but don't worry, we are friends again. :)  And to celebrate our friendship, on Memorial Day we biked to Seattle (with kids as cargo) and watched a baseball game!  It was a lot of fun.  Dan and I loved biking there, as we realized that it was only 3.3 miles away.  And although we don't usually watch baseball, it was a lot of fun being in a live stadium, eating popcorn, and trying to do weird dance moves to the music--hoping to be caught on camera.



P.S.  This is totally random, but last night after watching Soul Surfer, I was googling about Bethany Hamilton, when I saw a video with her and this guy named Nick Vujicic-- who was born without arms and legs.  After that, I set a goal to just be grateful for what I have and not take so much for granted!!!  Oh google...