As Michael was running away from me at the park today, I remembered a dream that I had the night before. Michael was running away from me, and no matter how fast I ran, I just couldn't catch up to him. Can anyone interpret this dream!?!?! ;)
Back to the park... now that I exercise in my bedroom more, I no longer take the kids on long walks. (It's for the best. Michael whined a lot at the end of our walks because he wanted freedom from the stroller.) Instead, we walk down the street to the skateboard park, or the indoor playgym. Elena really loves scootering around there, and Michael just meanders around. They finish up at the kid area, and we go home. At the end of the day, we all get exercise and play-- it's a win win!
How, might you ask, do I work out in my room? Well, we bought an old treadmill on craigslist. I try to walk 3 miles a day while reading or watching shows on Netflix. And I love it. I suddenly feel like the Seattle weather doesn't bother me, as I am able to move indoors without the outside elements 'hindering' me. Aaaand, the treadmill folds up, so it doesn't take up much space.
Speaking of space, this past Saturday, as the kids were sick, we stayed indoors and organized our lovely home. I guess it's a nesting thing. Since we decided not to move, we will be welcoming our 3rd child into this 2 bedroom apartment. Organizing helped us feel that we had more space, cause we'll need it! We ripped up old papers/bills, took pictures of items to toss or give away, and donated items to the Goodwill.
Examples: On the left is a gift I received from the Renton Stake for helping in the communication fair (lovely, but I don't use it), and on the right is a note that Dan received from a little boy whose bike Dan helped fix. Take a picture and say goodbye!
P.S. Michael is going through a shoe phase. He likes to pull out his shoes all over the floor, and insists on wearing them. Also, that ice-cream cone is not from
this world. His poop is neon green after eating that thing.
P.P.S. Dan just started another semester of school. The class he is taking requires a billion page research paper at the end. (Actually 20-30 pages, SINGLE SPACED!!!) Wish Dan good luck!


