Thursday, February 13, 2014

Paper kites, baby gender and A NAME!

I don't know what it is about Washington vs California.  In CA, the kids don't ever want to come in the house, and in WA I have to bribe them to stay out!  Could it be 70 degrees vs 40 degrees?  Maybe.
Well, I told them to get out while the sun was shining!

It was windy, and Elena suggested to fly her kite that she got a while back.  Flying failure.  The string was all tangled and then Michael wanted a piece of it.  Result: Elena had a breakdown.

So I quickly googled how to make a simple paper kite, and whipped up two kites in under 3 minutes.  I used thread instead of kite string.


Not only was this cheap to make, but it FLIES!  
Elena is having great success and is happily playing outside.  

Michael still wants to come in, but I won't let him. :)

On to other news...On Monday we found out that we are having a GIRL!  And this time, we picked out a name in one day.  I googled girl names, wrote a list, and told Dan to help narrow it down.  By the end of the night it was between Cora and Gwen.  The next morning, Elena voted Cora, and that sealed it.  CORA CORA CORA! Still working on a middle name.