Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Memorial weekend, part 2
We woke up with the sky looking decent, so we drove to Northbend and hiked part of the Twin Falls Trail. (It ended up raining, which was fine.) Unfortunately, the last half of the trail was closed due to a landslide, so we could only catch a glimpse of the waterfall. To remedy that, we drove to Snoqualmie Falls for the kids to see. There, there was a new access to a view from the bottom of the falls. It was a very steep 3/4 miles hike down. When we got down there, we realized there was a parking lot!!! I (genny), determined not to hike back up, saw an 80-ish yr old man with his 10-ish year old grandson getting ready to leave, and I asked them for a ride back up to get my car. I totally played the "I'm so pregnant, I just don't want to hike back up that steep mountain!" Well it worked! I was sooooo grateful. We ended the day at a bbq, hosted by Dan's co-worker. A packed day indeed!




